$16.00 - $18.00 per hour
Job Posting Start Date:
Application End Date:
This is a customer service position responsible for the entire project quoting process, to include takeoffs, data entry and editing.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow established safety rules and actively participate in the company’s Accident Prevent Program.
- Respond timely to customer calls, faxes, emails, and other customer-related assignments in a professional and polite manner.
- Receive, edit, and input customer orders and quotations into the Cantor database.
- Understand the project process from the date a letter of intent or contract is received through final product delivery.
- Prepare a takeoff from a set of plans, read and understand the window specifications, install instructions and window/door details.
- Navigate through a takeoff; i.e. re-pivoting, adding delivery sequences, sorting, looking up changes, making revisions.
- Prepare submittals, understand and revise retuned submittals, and/or Architects Supplemental Instruction (ASI) or Request for Information (RFI).
- Accurately update the Up and Coming List and process orders according to current lead times.
- Read and understand window test reports and cross-sections.
- PDF and send all order confirmations to customers.
- Monitor customer order completions to ensure orders are completed on schedule.
- Notify customers, in advance, when an order will not ship on time.
- Coordinate with service, shipping and purchasing as necessary on freighting, crating and job site delivery issues.
- Relay all change orders to the Production Manager.
- Reconcile contracts at the end of each project.
- Other administrative functions as needed.
Typical office environment
This position is regularly scheduled for 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Occasional overtime is required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Deadline and detail oriented.
- Ability to work under limited supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and data entry.
- Works well in a team environment, with a diverse workforce.
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Strong math skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with database software is preferred.
- Up to 1 year of job-related experience or experience in the window manufacturing, construction or building materials industry preferred.